NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Eligibility: Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to those who refer Cardinal News to others using an individualized personal referral link supplied by Cardinal News, and who are at least 18 years old at the time of entry. The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the USA and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cardinal News (the “Sponsor”) and their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
- Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Cardinal News, as final and binding as it relates to the giveaway.
- Sweepstakes Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about May 10, 2022, at 12 a.m. and ending on or about 11:59 p.m. Sept. 30, 2022. All referrals must be received by Sept. 30 at 11:59 p.m. All times are Eastern Time (US & Canada).
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered using the referral link assigned to you. You are credited with one referral for each entry that fulfills all sweepstakes requirements, as specified, from the link that you shared with the referral. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Cardinal News. You may enter multiple times by referring multiple people, and those people signing up to receive the daily newsletter from Cardinal News and you must meet the referral criteria outlined. You and your referrals may not use multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Cardinal News.
- Prizes: Prizes will be awarded monthly and at the end of the contest based on the total number of referrals to the daily newsletter. Once you are credited with three referrals, by having three new subscribers use your assigned link, you will be eligible for a monthly drawing of a $25 Gas card. Once you are credited with five referrals, you will be eligible for the grand prize drawing on or about Oct. 1, 2022. You may accumulate more than one entry into the drawings. For example, if you refer six new subscribers, you will have two sweepstakes entries into the monthly gas card drawing, and one for the grand prize. The grand prize winner will have a choice between a $100 gift card or dinner with the executive editor and executive director at a restaurant. You are not guaranteed to win, and your chance of winning is dependent on the total number of eligible referrals and newsletter subscriptions received. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Cardinal News to use winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation unless prohibited by law.
- Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the number of referrals that subscribe to the daily Cardinal News newsletter.
- Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Sweepstakes will be selected in a random drawing under the supervision of the Sponsor at the end of each monthly period during the contest period. There will be a winner chosen randomly each month based on meeting the requirement of 3 referral subscribers in that month. Winners will be notified via email to the email address with which they are subscribed to Cardinal News and the Sweepstakes within five (5) days following the winner selection. Cardinal News shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk email, or other security settings or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 3 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The receipt by the winner of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. Winner must be able to meet a representative from Cardinal News to pick up the prize or provide a mailing address to have the prize sent within 5 days of being notified. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Cardinal News, anyone acting on behalf of Cardinal News, or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity and throughout the World, your entry, including, without limitation, the entry and winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image or statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information as news, publicity or information and for trade, advertising, public relations and promotional purposes without any further compensation.
- Terms: Cardinal News reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such a case, Cardinal News may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cardinal News. Cardinal News reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Terms & Conditions.
Cardinal News has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering.
Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Cardinal News reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Limitation of Liability: By entering, you agree to release and hold harmless Cardinal News and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
- Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF USA AND VIRGINIA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, the participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Virginia having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Sponsor: The Sponsor of the Sweepstakes is Cardinal News
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. You understand that you are providing your information to the owner of this sweepstakes and not to Facebook.